10 Easy Ways to Celebrate The 4th Of July!
1. Being in the yard is half the fun of celebrating the 4th of July. Just standing around can get a tad boring, so why not mix it up with a few yard games? One of our favorites is Lawn Twister! Just cut out a circle stencil and get some spray paint. It's much easier than using the mat since it doesn't slide around. Keep the kids entertained for hours, even adults can join in on the fun!
2. Food is always an important part of any get together and the 4th of July is no exception. With that being said, if you're planning on being outside all afternoon, then you may want to rethink your deserts. Ice cream, while it is delicious and refreshing -it truly doesn't hold up very well in the heat. And no one enjoys melting frosting on a cupcake. A Rice Krispy cake is just the perfect thing. It holds up in heat, is easy to serve (no forks, spoon or plates required) and best of all it's yummy! Keep it simple with a fun ribbon detail and let the kids join in on the fun and help make a few cake toppers. This also can be a perfect idea if you have volunteered to bring a dessert to a friend's BBQ. And it travels super easily!
3. If the heat will not be a factor in your Independence Day celebration and you're a cupcake fan like me- then this is just for you. Unlike a lot of 4th of July decorated cupcakes this is a more grown up approach. And they actually taste good. White cupcakes are simple and all the cupcakes can be the same or mix it up with a few different flavors.
4. Another super simple, yet yummy dessert is mini cherry pies. Store bought crust or homemade both work well. You just fill a muffin tin and bake! I'm planning on making cherry and blueberry to help tie in the red, white and blue. This is another fun dessert to bring to any party. Who doesn't love a mini pie?
5. Half of the fun in celebrating holidays is the decorating. Independence Day is extra fun with the red, white and blue. Streamers are inexpensive and you can do so much with them!
7. It's always important to make a good first impression. If you're planning on having friends or family over -why not start that impression at the front door? This wreath is not only easy to make it is also easy on the wallet. Just get three packs of fun flag toothpicks and a foam wreath and let the kids go to town!
8. Why not let the 4th inspire you to have a fun party but also to change up your home. I love the royal blue of our flag and we let it inspire the blue of this bathroom. Cellular shades can be great for a bathroom window that will not come in contact with water. They are available in complete blackout, which is perfect for privacy issues in a bathroom.
9. The red in our flag can also make for a beautiful roman shade. This is from our "Casual Roman Shade" collection. The style is called "Surf City" so it doesn't get more American than that. Red can really be a fun color to add to any room. It can easily warm up a kitchen or spice up a bedroom.
10. No matter how you plan on celebrating, it is important to remember just how lucky we are to live in this beautiful free country. It is hard to try and not get caught up in the fun of the day- but just take some time and reflect on the men and women who so bravely sacrifice their lives so we could more fully enjoy ours. Freedom is something that we seem to take for granted because it is not something we are reminded about daily. So this Independence Day be sure to say a little "thank you".
Be sure to check out our incredible savings through July 6th! These specials include free top down/bottom up on our cellular shades and free privacy upgrade on our custom 2"and 2 1/2" faux wood and basswood horizontal blinds.