Collection: Sheer Shades
Sorry, there are no products in this collection
Sheer shades are the perfect combination of a blind and a shade for your home. They will enhance the ambiance while protecting your privacy at the same time. Made of sheer fabric, these window shades are ideal for softening the natural light in the room.
But what are sheer shades? Light filtering sheer shades feature dark fabric vanes that are held together by sheer fabric. These versatile shades allow you to partially darken the room when the fabric vanes are closed, providing privacy. When the fabric vanes are open, the windows remain covered by a sheer fabric that allows natural light to give the room a soft glow.
Sheer shades are often described as the opacity level of the shade fabric. This kind of fabric can be chosen for many different styles of shades, including roman shades, roller shades, sheer horizontal shades, and vertical sheer shades.
At first glance, sheer shades are similar to sheer window blinds, as both allow natural light to filter through the fabric protecting the room from glare. Incorporating sheer shades as your window treatments has many interesting benefits:
- You can add a stylish and modern look to any room, bathing it in soft natural light without glare.
- Sheer shades come in a wide variety of colors and fabrics, which aids in incorporating your window treatments into your home decor.
- They provide UV protection. Your furniture and floors won’t suffer from fading due to direct sun exposure.
- Sheer shades have various control alternatives. The standard control involves a cord you’ll handle manually to open and close the shades. A more sophisticated alternative will be remote control.
- Choosing a cordless system has benefits of its own, as it will make the shades safe for homes with children.
At Factory Direct Blinds, we offer a wide variety of sheer shades and blinds, from roller shades you can neatly hide in a headrail to roman shades that will elegantly fold into pleats when raised.
When choosing the right window treatment for your home becomes a challenge, you can trust our buying guide to help you through every step of the selection process.
How to clean sheer shades?
To keep sheer shades clean, you’ll only need to lightly dust them regularly.
What are sheer shades?
Sheer shades are a combination of a shade and a blind. The fabric vanes that hold the shade together work as a blind when they are closed. When tilting them open, they work perfectly as a shade. To let daylight come through the shades, you can lift the vanes, leaving only the sheer fabric to cover the windows.
How do sheer shades work?
When lifting the shade, the motion closes the fabric vanes, pulling the two outer layers of the sheer fabric against them. When pulling the shade down, the vane lies flat, separating the sheer shades and allowing natural light to filter into the room.
Can you see through sheer shades?
Sheer shades provide a certain level of privacy during daylight, allowing you to see outside. From the outside in, you can only distinguish silhouettes.