Collection: Roller Shades & Roller Blinds
Classic Fabric Light Filtering Roller ShadesSold out NewRegular pricefrom $44.99Sale pricefrom $44.99Regular price
Economy Basic Vinyl Blackout Roller ShadesSold out NewRegular price$38.99Sale price$38.99Regular price
Light Filtering Roller Shades - Classic FabricSold out NewRegular price$44.99Sale price$44.99Regular price
Classic Fabric Blackout Roller ShadesSold out NewRegular price$63.99Sale price$63.99Regular price
Modern Fabric Blackout Roller ShadesSold out NewRegular price$87.99Sale price$87.99Regular price
Contemporary Fabric Light Filtering Roller ShadesSold out NewRegular price$38.99Sale price$38.99Regular price
Roller Shades & Roller Blinds
Controlling how much light comes into your home or office affects your overall comfort. There are many solutions, but roller shades are a great choice for several important reasons. They are easily raised and lowered, which is a significant advantage compared to window treatments like draped curtains.
If you’re unsure whether roller window shades are the right fit for your home, consider the following benefits.
- Timeless design – Whether you use roller shades as a primary or complementary window covering, the streamlined and uncluttered design makes them a timeless choice for any home.
- Easy to operate – Because roller shades can be motorized, they are incredibly practical and easy to use. They’re also safer for children and pets because they can be completely cordless.
- Custom light control – Roller shades come in various styles and colors. You can choose a sheer fabric, semi-transparent, or pick blackout shades that will prevent the light from waking you up in the morning.
- Easy to clean – You only need to clean your roller shades once per year. A mild cleaning solution and some warm water is all you need for effortless maintenance. Keep in mind that it’s best to remove the shades from their brackets before cleaning.
- Energy efficient – Larger homes are not always energy efficient, and homeowners may try different ways to reduce their energy bill. Roller shades act as insulation and help regulate the indoor temperature during summer and winter.
If you’re unsure how to choose roller shades for your home, consider talking to a design consultant that can help you find the perfect look.
Roller Shades for Bedrooms
While roller shades are standard for living rooms, dining rooms, and kitchens, some people resist installing them in the bedroom. For some, blackout curtains are the go-to choice for the bedroom, but roller shades with blackout properties are a much more practical solution.
They effectively prevent light from coming in, thus allowing you to fall asleep faster. They’re much easier to maintain, and they’re incredibly versatile in terms of design.
How to install roller shades
Measuring and installing roller shades is pretty straightforward, but you need access to tools like a measuring tape, level, and a drill. You will likely need a step stool or a ladder as well. If you don’t have any experience with roller shades installation, consider this Factory Direct Blinds installation guide.
How to measure roller shades
Taking accurate measurements for your window covering blackout shades requires some tools. You’ll need a metal measuring tape, a pencil, and a level. Whether installing a cordless lift, blackout shades, or traditional roller shades, this guide can help you learn how to measure your windows.
What are roller shades?
When it comes to window treatments, roller shades are a very popular option. Their main feature is that they can roll up quite neatly at the very top of your window, leaving the glass fully uncovered.
Roller shades are also incredibly versatile, as many fabric and color options are available. You can choose a room-darkening feature by opting for custom light-filtering fabrics for your roller shades.
What to expect choosing and installing roller shades
When choosing and installing roller shades, it’s essential to keep in mind that your window frame must meet a minimum depth requirement for roller shade installation. You can choose between light filtering and blackout shades, depending on your needs.Finally, you can upgrade your roller shades by choosing customizations like continuous cord loop, which allows you to raise or lower the shades quickly.